When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Birthday+Camping= Best weekend ever!

So the weekend of my birthday me and three of my friends took a little trip to the mountains for a few days! It was so fun!
The camping started out trying to set up the tent. Which was way harder then it should be. Lol. After about an hour and a half we decided to ask Heidi's dad to help us. Thank heavens we had a guy there cause we would have been tentless. lol!

After a delicious dinner that heidi's dad made for us, dutch oven bbq chicken and potatoes and peach cobbler with candles for me to blow out, and then a good nights rest lol yeah right we took a hike to Boiling springs.


I was pretty excited for the hike at first.

But by the time we made it to the springs I was ready to be done. Even though we had the hike back!



We had such dirty bums when we got there we had to take a picture. The last part of the climb down to the springs was pretty steep so we had to slide on our bums! lol!


When we finally got to the springs we changed into our swimsuits and swam for a while! I was so fun! There was a freezing creek next to the springs so it was fun to go back and forth. It was totally worth the hike! lol!





We found this awesome hollow log on the hike back! Which the hike back was beautiful and I loved every second of it!



Here is one of me Heidi and Bridget on the hollow log. I think kira is taking the picture!


After the hike we came back and rode quads (or 4 wheelers for the Idaho girls) for a few hours. It was so fun! Kira let me drive the whole time and I loved it! Heidi knew the trail so she was a lot faster then me cause I am a very careful driver if I am not comfortable. But it was so fun and I think kira was glad I was safe! I love it!


The best part of the quad ride was when we got to the look out! It was amazing! Totally breath taking! It was amazing to sit and have everything in sight be things that our Heavenly father placed there. There is just an amazing spirit in the mountains and I felt it very strong! I felt very thankful for the three girls I went with. It is so good to have such good friends. Friends who you never have to be worried with. Cause you always know you will be doing something fun yet to church standards. All of them are going to college or moving to arizona and I am going to miss them all! Thanks for the fun girls! It was an amazing weekend. Love you all!

4 comments:

Heather K said...

That looks like a really fun camping trip. Quads, hot springs, camping, yummy food and good friends! Sounds about perfect! Happy B-day we lub you!

4 barkers said...

sounds like you had fun! my sister in law aubrey is related to heidi (married her brother) and at first at a distance that looks like her brother Tyler haha. hey is that the dr pepper hat I gave you for christmas or a different one?

Travis and Bridget Shumaker said...

oh yay!! finally a blog about your birthday! glad you enjoyed it vanessa. It was a blast and lets do that more often. i LOVe you!!! miss you tons.

kira lee said...

awww, miss you girls!