When is my wedding
Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Just my thought for the day!

The last couple of weeks for me have been very emotional and crazy. I've been really focusing on the temple and preparing myself for the blessing to come someday there. I am getting to the age where the temple is becoming my focus. I have thought a lot about a mission lately. Not that I am going to go but I think in the next year or so it will certainly be an option. My bishop has been helping me with some of the feelings that come with the temple and he has been helping me realize that I am good enough to go when the time is right. I got a new calling a couple of months ago that has really helped me in my spiritual growth. I teach the 4th sunday lesson in relief society. It is on a talk from general conference that the bishop chooses. And so far it has been amazing. And it has really helped me grow. But I just got another calling too. I havent been sustained so SHHH!! lol But I am now the Activities chairman again. I had this calling for about a year and got released about 5 months ago. But just got called back in. I have really mixed feelings but I am trying to trust the lord. The future is scaring me and I am not sure how to deal with it. My friend bridget will be back from school for a while in January and I am so thankful for that. Cause she always reminds me that everything will be ok. And that it's nothing to be scared about! I think 2010 us going to be a good year for me with lots of changes. Maybe a mission or a new place to live or marriage! It all scares me but I trust the lord and it will be ok. Anyways thouse are just my thoughts! Have a good day!

5 comments:

kira lee said...

oh vanessa, i really know how you feel. in the words of dory, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Heather K said...

I like Kira's comment......you are just so much fun you are meant to plan activities! I think the prospect of changes is always scary but exciting and usually really good!

The Other Oyler's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Jones said...

Hi Vanessa!! I haven't talked to you forever! That is cool about your Relief Society calling, I just got released from that one and called to primary again. I love it though! I sure hope things are going good. Call me sometime so we can catch up! Or I'll call you, Love ya :)

Breeana said...

Hi Vanessa - cute blog! Hope you don't mind I came across it and read your latest post... but congrats on your RS calling! I'll bet you're a great teacher. And I know how you feel about the Activities Committee; I was never chairman but I was on the committee and it wasn't always super easy (not that it's supposed to be or anything...). And I hope you have a great year with massive changes that you love!